Friday, November 30, 2007

Week 8: #18 Social Networking:

Hahaha.... now this is something I already do on a regular basis. My first social networking site was Xanga... I met a few great online friends. As a matter of fact I still talk to some of them now... been friends with them for about 5 years I suppose, maybe more... can't remember.
I mainly used xanga to vent my frustrations and to cure my boredom. As I got older and busier, my blogging declined.

Now I am on Myspace and Facebook. Myspace is more for everyday simple hellos and picture sharing.... not so much for blogging. Faceboook is networked through schools and groups mainly. One of my friends from 2nd grade found me on Facebook, how cool is that?

I do miss hardcore blogging though... those were the days. One thing I like about these type of sites is the availability of originality. Those who are HTML saavy are so very creative with the setup of their blogs on Xanga. Myspace is too uniform at times... everyones is the same but I guess that's what makes it so easy to use. I think I may start my Xanga page back up again.... who knows. But be aware - its addicting!!! lol

No comments: