Friday, November 30, 2007

Week 7: #16 wiki wiki wiki

At first when I saw wiki, I had a general idea of what is was already. We use a wiki to keep track of print requests that we send into our main offices. I find it really helpful because it displays the status of certain requests. It is kind of like the UPS tracking system but easier... I think I'm making sense. But yes, I do like wikis. As a student, I have to work in groups to complete certain projects for class and I know that with each person's busy schedule it is hard to get together and update one another on the progress of our project but if we used a wiki we could all access the same wiki and put all of our updates in one place rather than trying to contact each other individuallly. I use webct for school and although the discussion boards are helpful they can also be confusing since so many people do repeat posts and end up getting lost. So wiki's are definitely a very useful tool in this day and age.... I will definitely be using one the next time I have a project to work on.

No comments: