Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Week 8: #19 Zoho Writer ? Zowho?

Zoho is impressive. I wish I knew about this earlier on. Imagine how easier it is to get my papers proofread by my peers or classmates. I am very impressed by this, it's almost like having word but mobile... some computers do not come with a complete office software suite and you have to either download or buy the software just to have a word processing program on your computer. If you have a laptop like I do, which is 7 years old and quite slow compared to today's versions, then you know the more programs you have installed, the more memory is taken up thus making it slower. I have started to remove alot of programs from my laptop and used online tools instead just to save some memory. I really like Zoho, i especially like the option of adding images through a URL instead of having to save the picture to your computer and then pasting it into the document. I can simply locate the picture I want to use, grab the url and paste it into my document. Overall, I think it is a useful tool for anyone who may have to use a public pc that does not necessarily have a word processing program available for use.

No comments: