Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wellness #41 - Going Green - Part 2

Activity 3: From any of the other sites above, list one activity in your blog that you think would be quite easy to do to live a greener lifestyle. List a second that would take more commitment, but that you really would like to try.

Going green is alot easier than people think. I do try to go green whenever I can. I buy products that use less packaaging or packaging that is recyclable. I also use energy saving lightbulbs wherever I can, they save me money too! At this moment in time, I do not foresee myself buying a hybrid vehicle because it would not be financially smart, however my mileage on my 10 year old car is not too bad, I get 21 mpg and that is better than some newer cars that are coming out nowadays, soometimes I get more depending on the speed and traffic and other conditions. I also use a Green cleaning product called "Green works" it works very well! I use it on everything and it comes in a concentrated formula so less packaging is needed and I use a reusable spray bottle for the cleaning solution. I have already signed up to get less junk mail, it helps cut down on the mail clutter alot. I also handle most of my bill paying online, thus eliminating a need for paper statements. I also read all my news from the internet rather than the newspaper. One task that would take more commitment from me is walking rather than taking the car, I don't live in the safest of neighborhoods and it isnt recommended to go far by yourself so I don't know how I would do that. I suppose I can carpool that will cut down on the usage of my car and the emissions that ensue. Friendly reminder: WE RECYCLE AT ALDINE LIBRARY! :)

No comments: