Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wellness #40: Fitness

1. Check your BMI
I was not surprised by my results, I knew my number would be in the undesirable range. My BMI is not one I am proud of, but recently my husband and I have decided to work out more. I know I have gained alot of weight over the past 3 years and mostly due to lack of excercise and poor diet. Since I hurt my back and my foot I was not able to excercise regularly, but I am better now so I will restart my excercise program again.


2. Calculate your calorie requirements
3712 Total Calories

3. Answer a questionnaire to determine your health age or life expectancy.
My health age is 9.5 and my life expectancy is 96.6 but typical life expectancy is 79.1. I would like to live a longer healthier life so I am willing to make healthier choices and to be more active.

My goal is to lose 30 - 40 pounds by the end of next year; but will be happy with 20to 25. I would like to increase my amount of physical activity by 30 minutes to an hour per day then increase if needed. I think this will help me feel better and be less tired. I plan to set up a home gym when I move into my new house.

No comments: