Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wellness #41: Going Green - Part 1

Activity 1: Use one of more of the websites to determine your carbon footprint. Write some notes in your blog about your results.

Here are my results:
--------
The average American emits:
9.44
tons

CO2/yr

You emit:
6.5
tons

CO2/yr

4.8 at home
1.8 on the road
0.0 in the air
------------

It looks like I am pretty green, I always thought so! :) I try to recycle at work and bring all my paper recyclables to the library as well. And I always turn off all the lights and electronics before I leave home.

Activity 2: If you have ever visited a local farmer's market, blog about the experience and what foods you found there. If you haven't, select one for a future visit from the websites above, and blog about why you chose that one to visit.

I choose to visit the Houston Farmers Market. I have never been and always wanted to go. I would like to see what kind of selection is available to me. My mother grows her own vegetables so I get some from her as wellm. Right off the vine and Pesticide free is yummy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtfull post on wellness. It should be very much helpfull


Thanks,
Karim - Creating Power