Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Future of Media #81: Get Out Your Crystal Ball

I think the development of 3D technology will have more effect. Visual meadia has changed drastically since it first started out, we had silent movies, to movies with color, to special effects, to computer generated movies, high definition, and now 3-D. My husband and I went to watch Avatar in 3D and the experience is recommended. The parts that had 3D effects made you feel like you were actually in that environment. One part was the destruction on their home and ash particles were flying everywhere, I felt like I could reach out and catch them in my hand. I am not really an early adopter of new gadgets, it just depends on what it is I suppose. I would have to say the DVD player is my favorite media gadget so far, MP3 players are nice but not all can play a video. DVD players play the video and the sound, and have interactive menus that you can use. I love the fact that you can skip around in movies and go to certain chapters where with a VHS the only option you had was the Rewind and FastForward buttons and you had a chance of missing your stopping point if you didnt know the "timing point" in which you stoppied at. Blue Ray is new and nice but I don't find it too practical for those budget minded.

No comments: