Monday, February 8, 2010

Searching #77: Images

This module kind of frustrated me. AllFreeClipArt was not very helpful, I spent most of my time just trying to find a single image, I got things that were relevent to the subject matter but never the actual subject I was looking for. I lost count after clicking so many times.

I prefer the usage of Flickr, it has so much content and the user interface is easy to use. I even found a very talented photographer, a Houston Native. Meet TinyAlice. She has some very nice pictures on Flickr.

I visited FreePhotoBank.com and found some ok pictures. I didn't like that I had to click on advanced search in order to type in what I wanted. I suppose if you had a very very general idea of what kind of picture you wanted, food for example, then this website would be for you. However you would have to pay a price for it and it had a limitation on how many times you could use it. That doesn't seem too Free to me. I think I will use another site instead.

I have used the clipart program available to HCPL staff in the past and have found it very helpful. At Aldine Library, I am in charge of the Recycling Program so I make quite a few flyers and this has a plethora of images that I can use.

This image will work perfectly for one of my recycling program flyers!



Image credit: © 2009 Jupiterimages Corp.

No comments: