Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pets #71: Finding a Pet

I took the pet picker test and got "cat". I personally do not like cats at all. I am a dog person so maybe it's more of a general analysis of my lifestyle. I have always loved dogs, my family has always had a some point in my life.

My husband and I have been actively looking for a dog to adopt. We have a conflict in the size of dog that we would like. He prefers a larger breed, ones that range about 50 to 70 pounds. I prefer the medium to small breeds, 30 pounds and under. So it is hard to find a happy medium. We have been using petfinder and have found several pets we have shown interest in. However, we are in the process of moving into a new house so the adoption will have to wait. We also already have a dog, a 3 year old pekingese; his name is Snowball. We have to find a dog that will be compatible with our furball and would be suitable for our household size. We have a relatively big back yard that our pets can romp around in and the neighborhood is very pet friendly.

We hope to find a pet that can become part of our family in the near future.

No comments: